Question

WiFi Cameras were paired but now won't!

Hi bought two new wireless cameras 13 days ago. I opened the box and followed the instructions and they were paired and working beautifully in no time. Very excited and impressed!
However!
Then, yesterday, my internet got an upgrade from 4G Wireless to Fibre and so of course the cameras need to be re-paired to the new WiFi network, but they won't. I have read many of the questions and comments on here so I feel like I have tried everything but still the camera's refuse to connect. I have also noted that the Swann staff member often asks many questions about the product and where/how it was bought but once all of that info has been supplied they no longer reply.

I have:
  • factory reset the cameras
  • uninstalled and reinstalled the Swann app on my phone
  • turned the WiFi router off and on
  • turned off 5G on the WiFi router
  • paired and named the camera, but then it simply will not connect
Model number: SWWHD-INTCAM
SAFE by Swann app version: 1.1.31
Mobile phone: Huawei P9 Lite
A clear description of the problem and how and when it occurs: As described above.
Your desired solution: To be informed as to how I get the cameras to pair.

10 replies

I’m having the same problem with my camera and it’s really pissing me off. It went offline the other night on it’s own and I’ve been trying to pair it now for two days. I’ve tried everything and it just won’t pair. It tells me that there’s a firmware update and says in order to continue I have to update but it won’t connect. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it, I’ve started a whole new account, I’ve tried other WiFi networks, and I’ve factory reset it. I’ve notified customer support but they are of no help! I’m stumped and don’t know what to do?
If you can get it to work or anything changes can you please email me At Frty9rfreak73@yahoo.com, thanks!

Roy
I have recently upgraded my router. My other devices can see the wifi and use it. I can not get my Swann camera to pair since the upgrade. My mobile phone is connected to the wifi, and I've tried on both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. In every instance I find that the swanncam network will not appear on my list of wireless networks. I have reset the camera. It is plugged into the power. The only thing that I noticed is that the blue light seems to blink quite rapidly, rather than slowly as described on the instructions, after reset and after pressing the button to get it into pairing mode. It is possible that I can not actually get it into pairing mode, however "slowly" is subjective so I'm not certain.
I have 6 of these cameras, have had them for a little over a year, and I have had this same issue periodically, always with a different camera, never just the same one. I have not found any way to fix this problem, it seems that after a while of leaving it alone (sometimes several weeks) it will pair again, but that's not the point to having security cameras. It's very frustrating to always have at least 1 camera not working. Swann customer support is of NO HELP, once they have your money they no longer care about supporting their products or helping customers get the cameras to work; they ask a bunch of irrelevant questions and when you reply with the information they ask for, they never get back to you and stop answering. You can literally spend hours of your time trying to re-pair these cameras to no avail. I have limited the time I waste trying to re-pair a non-functioning camera to 10-15 minutes per day so I don't lose my sanity fighting with it. Also, a lot of times the app will crash if I constantly try to re-pair the camera. If anyone finds a solution, PLEASE SHARE!
I'm having the same issue with 1 of 4 camera's that I bought in a pack. All were paired normally 3 weeks ago although I had let their power drain a little too long (these cameras have been next to useless IMHO, so I sat them idle for a few months. I just thought I would have a second go at it). One didn't survive the warm up and is in this apparent un-pairing black hole that I've read about all over these pages.

One thing worth noting is that the iPhone application wanted a software/firmware update to occur. I thought this might improve things with the re-pairing. Without this 4th camera warmed up it wouldn't do the update, so I had to un-pair it. The update then happened but still it wouldn't pair with this 4th camera. Perhaps it has some thing to do with incompatibility with this later update. I seriously doubt it - because 1: it was not pairing already, and 2: this is about the camera's ability to generate a wifi hotspot, which it can do from factory reset - or so we are meant to believe. I'll try again in a few weeks.
I have NOT been able to get this one back online for almost 2 months. At this point it's just a very expensive paperweight. It just WILL NOT generate a hotspot no matter what. Considering getting rid of these cameras and getting something else at this point. I've made sure all of my friends, family, colleagues are aware of how disappointing Swann ends up being so they don't waste their money too.
Hi bought two new wireless cameras 13 days ago. I opened the box and followed the instructions and they were paired and working beautifully in no time. Very excited and impressed!
However!
Then, yesterday, my internet got an upgrade from 4G Wireless to Fibre and so of course the cameras need to be re-paired to the new WiFi network, but they won't. I have read many of the questions and comments on here so I feel like I have tried everything but still the camera's refuse to connect. I have also noted that the Swann staff member often asks many questions about the product and where/how it was bought but once all of that info has been supplied they no longer reply.

I have:
  • factory reset the cameras
  • uninstalled and reinstalled the Swann app on my phone
  • turned the WiFi router off and on
  • turned off 5G on the WiFi router
  • paired and named the camera, but then it simply will not connect
Model number: SWWHD-INTCAM
SAFE by Swann app version: 1.1.31
Mobile phone: Huawei P9 Lite
A clear description of the problem and how and when it occurs: As described above.
Your desired solution: To be informed as to how I get the cameras to pair.
I have exact same issue, I did ask the question in this space sometime ago with no reply.
I have the same problem, getting sick of them now and about to take back and swap for another brand.
I was having the same problem.
it was working beautifully with no problem and all of a sudden it stopped connecting to the WiFi after every attempts to re connect them I decided to unpair and try to pair them again but to no avail. I tried logging out from my account and logged back it but still to no avail. So frustrating