Question

NVR-8580 motion record length

• 5 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Is it possible, without going to manual recording, to change the recording length of a motion event? For example if by default the recording length is 2 minutes on motion, can it be changed to 10 minutes?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi there @Marcjc,

Once that the camera detects activity, the camera will start recording and it will only stop recording once the activity is done. Also, the NVR has that setting called 'Post-Record' that you can find under Menu-Alarm where the camera still records for a certain time after it detected an activity and that's set to 30 seconds by default.

Hope this helps.🙂
This is perfect that you @KarlB
Userlevel 2
Badge
No worries. Feel free to post anytime in our community if you have questions about the NVR. Have a great day!.
does this mean it doesn't record 24/7?? This is the whole reason I'm looking at this system as I'm not happy with the recording length of the OUTCAM
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @Nw83,

To answer your question, the NVR-8580 can record 24/7 but the unit by default is recording only when there's a movement or activity. If you want the unit to record 24/7 then you have to set it manually on the NVR's menu.
Hi.
I’m having the same issue.
Where is the NVR menu

what do you need to change to record 24/7