Question

Swann Security and Google Home connection

Attempting to connect my Google Home and Swann Security cameras (says I can do on the box and I do have the Google Assistant button in the HomeSafe View app).

Yet, when I go to make the connection in Google Home, I'm greater with a login screen at

https://swannauth.hub.loginradius.com

...and an error message, user does not exist.

What am I missing here?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi mate,

Which model and firmware on your recorder?
Hey Mate,

Thanks for the reply, its the SWDVK-849804 on most current firmware.
Userlevel 5
Hi mate,

You gotta give me the full version number. There are a few firmware streams at the moment so the solution will be different depending on the firmware.
Device: DVR8-4980
FW version: V7.1.0-20180512
HW version: DM-317
Anything?
Hi mate,

You gotta give me the full version number. There are a few firmware streams at the moment so the solution will be different depending on the firmware.

Curious why you would ask me the full version number and then go silent?
Userlevel 2
Try starting again from the beginning. Have a look at this Swann Community webpage: https://community.swann.com/network-setup-28/swnvk-885804b2fb-google-home-7089

Liking the posts that help you is appreciated.
Userlevel 5
Hi @youngerthurstons ,

Sorry mate, I missed the earlier messages and only saw the bump today. I was on a short vacation at the time of your reply.

That firmware is not up to date. You'll need to contact Support so they can assist you with updating the firmware.

We're soon to have another updated firmware for that device as well. It should be available through the update button on the recorder once testing and verification is complete.
i just bought this yesterday i cant log on im getting pretty frustrated with it im about t go get my money back
Userlevel 2
————————————-?
Hey, looked up this topic because I have the same issue. Brand new install, updated firmware to the latest.

However, the firmware version doesn't apply in this case as it's the Swann Security Account that is trying to link to Google Home but I get the same thing.... takes me to a page asking for permission but says I don't have an account when I try to log in and doesn't provide a way to CREATE an account.
There are no instructions on how to do this and following the guide provided = stuck on this step.

Solution?
Thanks.
I also have the same issue.Stuck on the 'Authorization to share data with Google' login screen. Which ever account i try using it does not work. no way to Create an account.