Sticky Solved

Magnetic ball holder does not keep the camera in place

I have a wireless 4 camera system. I find that the magnetic holder does not keep the camera stationary for one of the cameras. It slowly droops and points to the floor. Has anyone had this issue or found a solution?
icon

Best answer by cmfaulk 4 January 2018, 01:16

I took some coarse sandpaper to the smooth rubber concave attachment on the camera to rough it up a bit. This has worked so far.

View original

9 replies

I took some coarse sandpaper to the smooth rubber concave attachment on the camera to rough it up a bit. This has worked so far.
Userlevel 4
Oh! That's an interesting idea.

I have also had suggested to me some balloon rubber or Blu-Tack (thinly spread) on the ball.
Userlevel 1
this happens to mine. And TBH, we shouldn’t have to use Sandpaper on this product. What a joke.
I have had the same problem. after taking 2 days to get it all sorted and mounted outside the camera has fallen down three times now, Not impressed at all!!!!!!
I bought one of the netgear Arlo anti theft brackets that lock in position the thread matches the swann cameras as they are pretty much a copy of the arlo
we had one with the same issue on our 4 cam set too. Should not have to make repairs to this product. It should do what it says it should do
I flipped the camera upside down and then flipped the video. It seems to stay in position if it is not too top heavy.
Happened on the second day after purchase, so far it matches the rest of the product, poor!
I also find the magnetic ball totally ineffective. I managed to buy a different brand of camera stand and have mounted it on that It was about $15 i subsequently found out Swann have an attachment but it is about $25.