Question

Cannot connect to the camera hot spot to pair

I am trying to configure the fourth camera of a package of 4
but I have not been able to pair it.
I have also reset the camera several times to factory settings and every time I want to pair the camera they hotspot is not being detected by my iPhone X
What can I do?

8 replies

I too am having this issue. I had the camera fully working for 1day and suddenly it was offline. I tried to re-pair the camera numerous times but failed. Tried to hotspot from another mobile device and still couldnt find the Smartcam hotspot on wifi. I even tried to do several factory resets and re-pairing - failed as i couldnt see the camera hotspot at all to complete the pairing.

I hope there is a solution to this issue, otherwise I would have a unusable camera.
I’m having the same problem ......do I need to send these cameras back???

swann please respond
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Atanus,

Welcome to the community!

When you press and hold the Pair/Link button until the light turns blue, you need to release the button and wait for it to slowly blink in blue; that is the pairing mode and camera's hotspot should then be detected. In this method, which part isn't correct on your situation?
Welcome to the community!

When you press and hold the Pair/Link button until the light turns blue, you need to release the button and wait for it to slowly blink in blue; that is the pairing mode and camera's hotspot should then be detected. In this method, which part isn't correct on your situation?

^^^
I have factory reset both my cameras and once I have tried to re pair them they blink blue slowly but never show a wifi to connect to to complete the pairing, tried on multiple phones to find the wifi and turned both on and off still nothing
Hi Community,
Was the above issue ever resolved by Swann support? I have the exact same problem. The camera went 'offline'. Tried to reset by re-charging & re-pairing but no hot spot is visible during pairing mode. After following the above factory reset process, mentioned in this community numerous times, it will just not reactivate the camera's hot spot mode for pairing. This is despite the blue light slowly flashing and therefore indicating 'pairing' mode is supposedly active. Tried many different variations (just in case) but all to no avail. This seems to be a common issue which is a concern.
HI all

We are having exactly the same problem. Camera was paired then said offline. Havent been able to repair. Have factory reset numerous times and the hotspot isnt working when it comes to selecting the camera in our wifi on the phone. The camera is in pairing mode. What can we do? Very annoyed would rather our money back than continuing to use the cameras!
Unfortunately nothing from Swann Support and hence there was no solution other than to replace the camera under warranty. All good now. Of the three camera pack I purchased I returned two as faulty! It wasn't a great start. This one which suffered the problem as you described and a second that triggered almost constantly every few mins. However, now after a couple of months of solid operation I am happy with the outcome and my purchase.
I,m also having the same issue. Was working for about a month no problems and now just stopped for no reason. I,m actually pretty disappointed with them. Will record cars going past out on the road and then wont record me walking up the driveway or reversing out. Think I will be taking mine back