Solved

HomeSafe View login password

• 5 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I have reinstalled HomeSafe view for windows.
It use to work okay but recently started to fail intermittently.
When I open the newly installed programme I get the login page.
I get the message "Incorrect Password."
I have left the Password box empty.
I don't recall ever setting a password.
Is there a way around this?
icon

Best answer by MelC 6 July 2018, 01:42

Hi @Mike T:

Once the password has already been setup on the software, even if you're going to reinstall it, it will still ask for that password.

What you need to do is to locate the HomeSafe View's database on your Windows Computer and delete it. Once you reopen the software, just click on LOGIN. It should work. See directory below:

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Mike T:

Once the password has already been setup on the software, even if you're going to reinstall it, it will still ask for that password.

What you need to do is to locate the HomeSafe View's database on your Windows Computer and delete it. Once you reopen the software, just click on LOGIN. It should work. See directory below:

Hi MelC,

Thanks so much for replying.
That seems to have worked.
I've just got to remember how to set it up again.

Again - many thanks

Mike t
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Mike T:

Good to hear that it worked. Thanks for the update. 😉
Hello,

I tried the above suggestions. I even went so far as to uninstall Homesafe View off my laptop, ran CCleaner, deleted directories and still it won't accept password at login. Software is asking for a password I don't have and not the one I setup with the system (NVR8-8580) using the Wizard. I need this to work. I'm pretty ticked I spent $1000 and this isn't A) Easy plug-n-play B ) is not working at all.