Question

Streaming or image URL for NVR 7400

• 1 December 2017
  • 14 replies

Hi,

I have an NVR 7300, which got upgraded NVR 7400 firmware. I am trying to get the video streaming or image snapshot from the NVR to use it in a home automation tool I am working on. Is there a URL format, I can use to get it? My setup is
NVR 7300(with NHD 815 cameras) -> local server -> Smartthings app -> mobile device.

Thanks,
Daniel

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry, there is no RTSP stream active on these devices.

We do have that option on some of our newer NVRs.
Userlevel 1
I have been able to get RTSP by installing third-party firmware
https://community.swann.com/nvrs-22/mac-nvr8-7400-swanview-link-1206/index1.html#post3935
Hi there, thanks for the link, but for some reason it tells me I cannot access as I don't have permission to view it. Do you know if that is just me?
I really need an rtsp stream and ideally some jpg links so guess I have to look at custom firmware. Very disappointed in this 7400 dvr, it's very basic by default
Userlevel 1
Hi there, thanks for the link, but for some reason it tells me I cannot access as I don't have permission to view it. Do you know if that is just me?
I really need an rtsp stream and ideally some jpg links so guess I have to look at custom firmware. Very disappointed in this 7400 dvr, it's very basic by default

Unfortunately my post was removed by moderators.
Ah I see, do you have an external link or something perhaps?
Thanks very much in advance if you do. What a petty thing for Swann to do!!!!

Was the switch to external/custom firmware easy? Reliable? I'm a technical user so not worried for myself, more for other users of the system in case it increases the chances of going wrong!
Userlevel 1
Ah I see, do you have an external link or something perhaps?
Thanks very much in advance if you do. What a petty thing for Swann to do!!!!

Was the switch to external/custom firmware easy? Reliable? I'm a technical user so not worried for myself, more for other users of the system in case it increases the chances of going wrong!

Swann's reasoning was because it is a community for their customers and putting a 3rd party firmware on the device voids the warranty. If they left the post then it would be them condoning people voiding the warranty. I totally understand why Swann would remove it, even though it sucks from a user perspective.
The mods were open about the reasons and good about it.

I assume I can't say what I did as this post would be removed for the same reason.
They did say that updates are currently in testing, so hopefully it's not too far off.
Ah ok, thanks, that is good news indeed. I also can see it from their point of view, but at least let you put a label on it saying this post is not condoned and done at your own risk, plus put on a message that Swann are currently testing this feature themselves with perhaps an ETA! That would have been a better solution

Is there an ETA? What moderator could I tag to ask them? Do you know if it was just rtsp or was it also an image capture link?

Thanks so much again for more info!
Userlevel 1
I was talking with @MichaelC

From a month ago he said

With regards to the software, we have been receiving the updates that you mentioned *removed* have been supplying. However, as we institute thorough testing these versions have yet to be approved by our testing team.

I have RTSP port 554 and Onvif port 8000 in my config.
I was able to load a video stream in VLC using the RTSP port.
Hopefully these features will also be in the new firmware from Swann.

Sorry, I feel like I am being cryptic, but I am trying to avoid annoying the mods as they have been good.
Thanks.

Hi @MichaelC - do you think I would be able to do some testing of the firmware myself? I am technically literate, and a part-time coder myself, so would hopefully be able to provide some useful input. Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 5
Hi everyone,

@johnc, thanks for your understanding. As long as you don't post the information publically on the Community here, I'm OK with that. What you discuss privately with other members is none of my business. :)

@exp1k1, I'm not aware that the QA team is ready to make a release of firmware for this model yet. Unfortunately, they are completely engaged with a project for one of our other lines at the moment which is taking their full attention.
Hi all, digging up an old post here... but...
Is there any news on the RTSP and Onvif support in upcoming firmwares? I could really do with the ability to fully integrate the camera feeds into my home automation panel, and this is something which would really help with this!

Cheers
I'd also like to know if there's any chance of RTSP and ONVIF support in the future, as well as a fix for downloading files via the macOS client.

In the meantime, if anyone has had success with third-party firmware I'd appreciate it if you could contact more via private message - I'm ready to void my warranty! 😀
I'd also like to know if there's any chance of RTSP and ONVIF support in the future, as well as a fix for downloading files via the macOS client.

In the meantime, if anyone has had success with third-party firmware I'd appreciate it if you could contact more via private message - I'm ready to void my warranty! 😀

Hey! Was anyone able to provide you with the details of the alternate Firmware?.

@MichaelC any news on the updated firmware? Thanks
Userlevel 5
@Rodneytrent

Hi mate. It was a while ago, but I think we did get an update for the 16ch NVR.

Have you updated with the last firmware available on support.swann.com?