Question

No CCTV image and PWR light flashing

• 14 May 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi,
We have had your CCTV system for two years... all set up and working fine. 4 cameras and hard-wired (NOT wireless)...
Suddenly there is no image to our monitor... and the PWR light is flashing.. The HDD light is off.
What is wrong?
Thanks
Willem

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @wpopp:

If the PWR light is flashing, it could be that the PSU of the DVR is no longer providing sufficient power or it could have something to do with the DVR.

To test:
Look for the PSU of the cameras. Check the label of the PSU and look for the OUTPUT.
If the OUTPUT is 12V 2A up to 12V 5A, you can swap the PSU of the cameras to the DVR and vice versa.

Hi... All the power comes from one power adaptor... there isn't a separate one for the Cameras... they get their power feed from the main unit...

By the way, what is the PSU? Power Supply Unit?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @wpopp:

May I know what's the model number of your unit?

The model number is usually found on the Swann sticker on the base or bottom of the product. If you still have the packaging box, you can try to look on top of it. Look for the model number sequence, commonly starting with 'SW', 'SR', 'CO', DVR' or 'NVR'. We do not require the serial number.
Hi Mel

Model number is: SRDVR 44600H

Thanks
Willem
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @wpopp:

On this unit, there should be one PSU for the DVR and one for the cameras. See this screenshot:

Hi MelC
I have wired it all up and it still does not work... what should I do now?
Thanks
Willem
Same issue. I bought new power supplies per the voltage needs above and power light constantly flashing. No output from the unit. Unit doesn't even power up, boot or dvr drive spin. Could the DVR unit have failed. Model # srhdr-88050h 8-channel. If so, is it an easy fix?
I called Swann... they identified the power supply... I swapped the power supply for the cameras with the power supply for the central unit to prove the theory.... then want to local electrical store and simply bought another replacement power supply...
Give Swann a call.. great customer service...