Solved

Email alerts for Outlook

• 16 May 2018
  • 6 replies

I’m having trouble with email alerts - my test email keeps failing.

I’ve seen some fixes posted for gmail accounts (turning on the setting for “less secure apps”), but I’m wondering if there’s a similar fix for Outlook?

Or any other suggestions?

I have the SWNVK-485KH.
icon

Best answer by MelC 16 May 2018, 19:02

Hi @misscook:

For e-mail alert using Outlook there's no option for "Allow Less Secure Apps".

Try this SMTP Ports: 25, 465 or 587
For Outlook's SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

If it is still not working, you may need to try using Gmail or Yahoo account for the sender's address and use your Outlook account for the E-mail receiver.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @misscook:

For e-mail alert using Outlook there's no option for "Allow Less Secure Apps".

Try this SMTP Ports: 25, 465 or 587
For Outlook's SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

If it is still not working, you may need to try using Gmail or Yahoo account for the sender's address and use your Outlook account for the E-mail receiver.

Thank you Mel. I tried the different settings you suggested for the outlook account and they still didn’t work, so I set up a gmail account instead (and turned on the “less secure apps” setting) and it all seems to be working now.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @misscook:

Good to hear that it is working now. Thanks for the update.
HI Im having similar issues. Ihave set up new gmail account and turned on less secure apps. Im sure i have put all the correct details on the email page and i can see live cameras on my phone but email alert just keeps failing.

Help

Cliff
I bought a drone off someone and they told me everything worked well I didn't check it to see if it worked or no I brought it home put it up and a few weeks go by and I decided to get it out to see about flying it well I go turn on the drone it lights up then go to turn on the controller and nothing so I changed the batterys thinking that it would come on well it didn't so my question is can i buy a new controller or did I get robbed
For outlook, you need to generate an app password if you have two factor authentication enabled. Use smtp.live.com, auto encryption and port 587. Go to your Microsoft account page, generate an app password and enter it. Your email test should work. Do not change the password after this.