I've observed that if the "Mainstream" recording resolutions are changed the sync connection to the Dropbox Cloud storage is disconnected. It can only be restored if the Cloud Storage setting is disabled (then press save), then re-enabled (then press save again).
I also observed that the dropbox images are saved at different resolutions based on the currently selected "Recording Mainstream resolution". My observations are recorded for the community's interest below:
- 1920x1080 Mainstream resolution = Dropbox snapshot (1920 x 1080 - roughly 1Mb image)
- 2304x1296 Mainstream resolution = No dropbox output ??
- 2048x1520 Mainstream resolution = Dropbox snapshot (2048 x 1520 - roughly 800Kb image)
- 2592x1520 Mainstream resolution = Dropbox snapshot (640 x 480 - roughly 60Kb image)
- 2592x1944 Mainstream resolution = Dropbox snapshot (640 x 480 - roughly 40Kb image)
I now prefer to keep my 5MP camera's recording at 1080P (1920x1080) because I like the fact the dropbox image is then being saved at 1080P also.
It would be nice to have a setting to select the resolution of the images saved to dropbox. It's unusual that the size of the snapshot at 5MP is saved to dropbox at 640x480.
- NVR - NVR8-8580 (Firmware V7.1.0-20180125)
- Cameras - NHD-865 (Firmware V188.8.131.52_171220)
- Tests performed on channel 3