Question

DVR-4575, connection problems

• 16 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi there I have a dvr 4575 with 5 cameras attached .... everything was working fine until today when I got a new sky router.. it’s all plugged in and I can see on my tv but I can’t connect my iPad or phone to it anymore and it’s also not connected to the internet as I’ve tried to search for an update but there is no connection any help would be appreciated as I’m at a dead end with it , thank you 😊

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Tracy83:

Welcome to the community!

You can try to follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this POST.

If it is still not working, please send me a private message with the P2P ID or ID of your unit which is located below the QR code sticker on top of the actual unit.

Regards
Thanks for the response ... how do I get it to work with a Ethernet switch?
It works ok through my sky router but it makes it really hot I’ve got a nighthawk s8000 Ethernet switch and when it’s plugged into that it won’t work on my I pad / phones and advice would be awesome ..thank you
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Tracy83:

Connecting the unit to an extender or to a switch is not what we recommend but you can try.

DVR is connected to a switch and the switch is connected to the router (setup)
  • Restart the switch. Wait for 30 seconds then restart your DVR.
If it is still not working, you can try to contact your ISP for recommendation about the network setup of your system. Or a possible configuration on the switch to make the DVR online.

Regards
Userlevel 5
HI @Tracy83,

That's a tough one as the S8000 is user-configurable. You'll probably need to experiment with different settings to find the one that works. I'd suggest you contact Netgear for assistance.

Also, there seems to be a (dedicated?) uplink port on that switch. That is the port that is intended to be connected to the router. If you're not using that port, it may also cause some problems.
Hi @Tracy83:

Connecting the unit to an extender or to a switch is not what we recommend but you can try.

DVR is connected to a switch and the switch is connected to the router (setup)
  • Restart the switch. Wait for 30 seconds then restart your DVR.
If it is still not working, you can try to contact your ISP for recommendation about the network setup of your system. Or a possible configuration on the switch to make the DVR online.

Regards

Why on earth is it "not recommended" to connect the dvr lan connection thru a switch?