Solved

Swan "motion dectection"

• 12 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I own SWDVK-445802-CA with 2 "true dectect" cameras. I have put the settings to only alert for motion in a certain area, but I keep getting notifications of cars driving by, and it's not even in the area I put on "alert"

I used the cameras inside for a while to test them and was happy, and decided to pay to have them installed. Then I get all these false notifications??
icon

Best answer by MariaR 17 December 2018, 21:06

Hello @Chrism204,

Please set it to default the settings. Kindly, go to Menu>Advanced>Load Default>click on Record & Alarm only>Save it. Then, please reboot the DVR. Go to Menu>Shutdown>Reboot.

You can change the sensitivity because the lower the number the less sensitive it is and the higher the number the more sensitive it is. It's under Menu>Alarm>Motion.

Thank you.
View original

5 replies

Hello @Chrism204,

Welcome to the Swann Community!

To further isolate the issue for getting the notifications:

May I know the device name and software version of the unit? Please go to Menu>System>Info.

Thank you!
Home, v7.1.0-20170310
Hello @Chrism204,

Please set it to default the settings. Kindly, go to Menu>Advanced>Load Default>click on Record & Alarm only>Save it. Then, please reboot the DVR. Go to Menu>Shutdown>Reboot.

You can change the sensitivity because the lower the number the less sensitive it is and the higher the number the more sensitive it is. It's under Menu>Alarm>Motion.

Thank you.
So I have a question then. what is this true motion detection these cameras claim??
This is not solved!