Question

Saving to Dropbox cloud

• 10 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi
I am trying to setup the cloud storage on my DVR8-4980, I have followed the instructions in the manual, ie dropbox account setup with same email address and password as the DVR is using to send emails. The DVR is sending the emails just fine.
When I click on Activate Cloud I get the notice "Activate Cloud Failed"
Any help in faulting this would be welcome
Thanks
Ben Fletcher

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi bfletche,

Please access the Menu then go to Network (left) > Email (top). Make sure that the email address needs to have a Dropbox account (for future steps); if none, then create a dropbox account using that email so we can use it on the DVR.

Prepare a computer connected to the same router or modem where your DVR is, then proceed with the following steps:
  1. Access Menu then go to Device (left) > Cloud (top).
  2. Change the Cloud Storage with Enable.
  3. Select a camera that you would like to enable for cloud storage.
  4. Change the Driver Name (folder name) if you wish to have a custom folder.
  5. Click on Save then click Activate Cloud.
  6. Open your default browser and login your Dropbox account.
  7. On another tab, open your email and check if you received a link from Dropbox, if yes then click the link.
  8. It will direct you to your browser again, just click Allow.
  9. Go back to your unit for the meantime and access Menu > Network (left) > Network (top), get the IP address and the HTTP Port.
  10. Go back to your computer and put those IP address and Port on the right text field then click Authorize.
  11. It will then ask you to login, that is the username and password of your DVR. Enter it then click on Login.
  12. 'Authorized success!' message will then appear if it's correct.

Let me know once you're done with these steps.
Userlevel 5
Hi Ben,

Mate, could you provide your firmware version please? There has been a recent change to Dropbox auth so your recorder may not be able to connect with the new method.
Hi
I think it is most likely a connection problem as I have setup the email and dropbox with same details.
My DVR is running V7.1.0-20170525 and Hardware version DM317
Thank you for your help
Ben
Userlevel 5
Hey Ben,

Try this one.
Hi Michael C
Thank you for the reply, I have upgraded using the .sw file that you gave me. I am now progressing further, the activation email has been sent and I am waiting for it to arrive. I will let you know how I get on.
What was the problem ?
Thanks again
Ben
Hi Michael C
OK, I installed the new .sw file that you sent and all seemed ok, I got the authorisation email etc and everything went as per manual. When motion is detected I receive the email image sent by DVR but cannot fine it in my DropBox account anywhere. What should I try next ?
Thank you for your help
Ben
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Have you followed this?

Hi bfletche,

Please access the Menu then go to Network (left) > Email (top). Make sure that the email address needs to have a Dropbox account (for future steps); if none, then create a dropbox account using that email so we can use it on the DVR.

Prepare a computer connected to the same router or modem where your DVR is, then proceed with the following steps:
  1. Access Menu then go to Device (left) > Cloud (top).
  2. Change the Cloud Storage with Enable.
  3. Select a camera that you would like to enable for cloud storage.
  4. Change the Driver Name (folder name) if you wish to have a custom folder.
  5. Click on Save then click Activate Cloud.
  6. Open your default browser and login your Dropbox account.
  7. On another tab, open your email and check if you received a link from Dropbox, if yes then click the link.
  8. It will direct you to your browser again, just click Allow.
  9. Go back to your unit for the meantime and access Menu > Network (left) > Network (top), get the IP address and the HTTP Port.
  10. Go back to your computer and put those IP address and Port on the right text field then click Authorize.
  11. It will then ask you to login, that is the username and password of your DVR. Enter it then click on Login.
  12. 'Authorized success!' message will then appear if it's correct.
Let me know once you're done with these steps.
What needs to be clarified is that the Dropbox associated email address that you need to use has to be placed in the “Receiver 1” field for NVR8-8580.

Just in case people mistakenly place the dropbox email in the username field.
Can’t see the @ sign ? Where is it ? How do u put in in