Solved

Replace Hard Drive

I need to replace my Hard drive on my DVR4-4575 could you please advise
icon

Best answer by OTACORB 23 May 2018, 01:12

Brimar wrote:

Not sure what you are asking? If you are looking for a recommendation on a drive.

WD Purple Best Uses (Surveillance, DVR, NVR)

WD Purple is Western Digital’s surveillance class storage. These drives are suited for 24/7 usage and the firmware and caching algorithms are optimized for write intensive applications, as these drives spend most their service life writing. The 4TB WD Purple drive is $135.

View original

2 replies

Undo the 2 silver screws underneath the fromt and the 2 black screws either side near the back. Push the back of the cover upwards slowly until it releases the front which acts like a hinge at first until the angle is enough to release it. Unplug the cables to the hard drive and undo the 4 screws underneath the hard drive. Reasemble in the reverse order. Use the menu to format the new hard drive before use for best results..
Userlevel 3
Badge
Brimar wrote:

Not sure what you are asking? If you are looking for a recommendation on a drive.

WD Purple Best Uses (Surveillance, DVR, NVR)

WD Purple is Western Digital’s surveillance class storage. These drives are suited for 24/7 usage and the firmware and caching algorithms are optimized for write intensive applications, as these drives spend most their service life writing. The 4TB WD Purple drive is $135.