Solved

password on dvr and camera seem to be different to software?

• 17 August 2019
  • 6 replies

I can login to homesafe view with admin password and that seems to work fine I then add the dvr and assign same password and admin user to dvr and then get password error.
I looked at resetting password but there is no ability to reset password with mac address just user and password.
this is a new box so never used it before and everywhere i look i get the details about resetting password with mac address but have nowhere to enter it.
can anybody help?
icon

Best answer by MichaelL 20 August 2019, 07:17

Hi @telboy007,

Thank you for clarifying.

For you to be able to setup the HomeSafe View to live stream your cameras from your computer, you will have to activate your DVR system first by doing the Setup Wizard.

You will have to connect a mouse and TV screen to the DVR to do the Setup Wizard. Part of the process on the Setup Wizard is creating the password of your DVR, this password will be the same password you will use when adding the device to your HomeSafe View.

Once the unit is activated, you can now setup your computer for remote access but make sure the DVR system is connected to the router/modem.

Please click the links below for the documentations of your DVR.

Hardware Quick Start Guide​​​
Wizard Quick Start Guide​​

I hope this helps
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi @telboy007,

Welcome to the community!

Looking in to what you have, it seems the password you created for the DVR is different from your HomeSafe View software password.

To better assist you with this, may I know the model number of your unit?
Also, what is the message you get when you click the Forgot Password from the Menu? Do you get option to type the Super Password or Recovery Code?

The model number is usually located on the Swann sticker on the based of the unit. It can also be found on the top of the packaging box. It commonly start with "SW", SR', 'CO', DVR' or 'NVR'.
Hi the model is DVR4-4580V and I don't get the option for forgot password in any menu hence my problem.

Thanks in for getting back to me.

Telboy007
Userlevel 2
Hi @telboy007,

Thank you for the information.

For this model, there should be a Forgot Password on the Menu below the field where you type the password.

Please see the link below and click New User Manual for the User Manual and turn to Page 3 for the proper instruction to reset the password.

User Manual

I hope this help.
Thanks for that, I have that document but it does not help. screen shots enclosed.
this is a brand new box and we have never assigned a password to the dvr only the homeview software.

Userlevel 2
Hi @telboy007,

Thank you for clarifying.

For you to be able to setup the HomeSafe View to live stream your cameras from your computer, you will have to activate your DVR system first by doing the Setup Wizard.

You will have to connect a mouse and TV screen to the DVR to do the Setup Wizard. Part of the process on the Setup Wizard is creating the password of your DVR, this password will be the same password you will use when adding the device to your HomeSafe View.

Once the unit is activated, you can now setup your computer for remote access but make sure the DVR system is connected to the router/modem.

Please click the links below for the documentations of your DVR.

Hardware Quick Start Guide​​​
Wizard Quick Start Guide​​

I hope this helps
thanks for that all sorted, I did not have the second guide so was trying to do it through the pc.