Question

My DVR8-4900 shows "Network Disconnected"

• 20 October 2018
  • 13 replies

My DVR8-4900 previously worked with the network and remote viewing by App, but now shows "Network Disconnected"

I tried the basic reboot. Nothing about the wifi changed; the network is the same as it was when everything worked. No one touched anything in the DVR. Any ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean:

Welcome to the community!

Troubleshooting that you can try. Proceed to the next step if it is still not working.

• Make sure that Enable DHCP under CONFIGURATION>NETWORK>GENERAL is set to DHCP. If it is NOT, put a check mark on DHCP then click on APPLY.
  • Restart the router and the DVR.
  • Move the ethernet cable and have it connected to a different port on the router.
  • If you have a spare ethernet cable, try to use it.
  • Make sure also that the unit is connected directly to the main router.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

the DHCP is" checked," as it was before. Nothing has changed since when it was working.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean:

Have you tried to follow the troubleshooting steps provided above? If NO, please do the troubleshooting first to isolate the issue. If YES, please send me a Private Message with the ID/UID/P2P ID of your system. It is located on top of the unit below the QR code, It consists of 20 alphanumeric characters.

Regards
Working now, thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean:

Glad to know that it worked now. Cheers!🍾
Stopped working and the same fixes now don’t solve it.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean:

I have ran a connection test based on the UID code you have sent and it shows that the DVR is OFFLINE.

Question:
Have you tried to use a different ethernet cable? Or test the ethernet cable that you are using to a different device? Could be that the cable is bad.

You can try also swapping power supplies. The power supply of the cameras have it connected to the DVR and vice versa. Insufficient power to the DVR might affect other features of the unit. Once done, reboot the router and the DVR.

NOTE: Test also the internet connection using the network where the DVR is connected. Because sometimes, internet itself is a problem

Regards
Offline means it’s not connecting to the network? Yes that is the complaint. The cameras display on the local monitor attached to the NVR

I don’t even know, what does the Ethernet cable do in this system ?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean:

Ethernet cable is the one that connects your system to the internet by connecting it from the LAN port at the back of the DVR going to the back of the router. If the ethernet cable is bad or damaged, you may have an intermittent connection or no internet at all to the DVR. In effect, the unit will not be accessible online.

Testing a different ethernet cable to the DVR or using the existing ethernet cable to a different device will eliminate the possibility that it is the cause of the issue.

As of the moment, the unit is still not getting internet connection based on the connection test that has been done.
The Ethernet cable runs through the wired house. It has not suddenly gone bad. So the NVR cannot broadcast a Wi-Fi signal to the router?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mclean::

Yes, that is right. The DVR-4900 doesn't have a wireless capability to connect to the router. It needs to be always connected via ethernet cable hardwired directly to the main router.

Regards
I solved the problem. It was not in the Swann system.

Thanks.
Hi McLean. What was the problem? I’m having the same issue. My cable is plugged in and nothing has changed but it won’t seem to connect randomly and I can’t get the video to work.