Question

Swann cameras stuck in Black and White Mode

• 1 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my home security, i have the Swann DVR8-1600 with 2 Pro T835 and 1 Pro T836.

I also have 2 previously used cameras connected into the same DVR.

The issue i am experiencing is the 2 T835's, and 1 T836 are only displaying in black and white.
I have changed the cables between cameras, changed channels that the camera is running on but no change.

When covering the light sensor on the cameras i can hear the mechanical click as it changes to night mode, after uncovering the same mechanical click as it changes back to day mode, unfortunately it remains in black and white.

I have factory reset the DVR but no change. Has anyone experienced this ? or know of what will be causing this ?

Regards,
Travis

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Travis,

The recorder might not be selecting the correct video type for the cameras. Please check Pg15 of the manual, Camera SET, for more information.
Hey Michael,

I have logged into the box once I got home today and unfortunately the option that you are referring to is not actually available on my DVR. I have attached a picture to show you what mine displays when navigating to your suggestion.

Regards,
Travis

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Travo18,

This channel 1, is this where the PRO-T835 or PRO-T836 connected? Be sure to change the channel to where those cameras are connected. Did you also use the cable that came with the kit?
Hey John,

I have checked over all the channels, unfortunately that option is not on any channel.

Channel 1 is where the Pro-T836 is connected, the 2 T-835s are connected to channel 3 and channel 4.

All of the new cameras are connected with the wiring supplied in the packaging.

Regards,
Travis
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
How about this; click the SETUP button beside color and be sure that Saturation's slide is at the middle. If it's set to 0, it will really be black and white.
Userlevel 5
Hi Travis,

Can you get the System Information page please?
Hey John,

I have checked and the saturation is set to the middle of the slide, so unfortunately no fix there :(

Michael,

I will get a picture of the system information as soon as I am home.

Thank you for all your help so far guys.

Regards,
Travis
Sorry it took me so long to get the details.

I'm not sure which one or the system pages you wanted.

I have attached the system > info page.
  • Device Type: DVR8-1600
  • Hardware Version: DM-298
  • Software Version: V7.1.0-20160721
  • IE Client Version: V2.0.0.289

[Mod: Removed sensitive information]
Userlevel 5
Hi Travis,

Try this preliminary update.