Question

Motion Detect - email ok, but no picture - NVR-7400

Userlevel 2
I have set-up motion detect on two systems, and it seems to be working ok - with collecting motion detection as configured. However - when an email is sent - as a trigger - there is no picture assigned to the email. The email - seems to indicate that there is an attachment - however - there is none to be seen. This is working sometimes and sometimes not.. Unreliable to receive alerts and not have an image attached. Which seems to be working sometimes, and other times, nothing but the alert & no image attached.

42 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @konmanos,

We're sorry to hear that. Could you access the Menu-System-System Information and tell us the Build No. of your NVR for us to check if it's something to do on the firmware. I have attached a screenshot below for reference.

Userlevel 2
Karl, I have 2 x systems

System 1 - Build 1705120
System 2 - Build 1705120

As I am remote from these systems I used the Swann View link and accessed System Info
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for the info. @konmanos. The NVR system is updated already. Could you tell me if you've done a firmware update to the cameras as well?
Userlevel 2
KARL, I think I did as well. Let me know how I can check or re-apply
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @konmanos,

Below is the link where we release an update for the NVR and cameras to address the email attachment reability. You can check the article for you to see if you've done it already, this might help you.

Article: NVR-7400 and NHD-818/819CAM Firmware Release
Userlevel 2
Karl, I have linked and d/loaded the file. However when I attempt to unzip it, it reckons that it is corrupt!
Userlevel 2
Badge
No need for that. The firmware files are unzipped and ready to be copied straight to a USB stick @konmanos.
Userlevel 2
Ah, OK - I assumed that it was a pak - and - as per the documentation to unpak it first and then copy to the USB disk. I will give it a go. Maybe also change the documentation in the pdf file.
Userlevel 2
I did that as you noted. Copied the *.pak file to the USB drive, and then attempted to upgrade the camera - and it attempted to start and then returned with UPGRADE FAILED!
Userlevel 2
Anyone, able to assist me as it seems what Karl has suggested has only resulted in a FAILED UPGRADE event on the cameras. I successfully upgraded the NVR, but not the case with the IP cameras..
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi there @konmanos, Sorry for the late response as i'm away for few days. I am checking this already with our team. I'll comment here if we have another suggestions to try.
Userlevel 2
Karl, thank you looking forward to it.
Userlevel 2
Badge
No worries, I won't forget this case and I'll keep you posted once I get an update about this.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @konmanos,

We are still looking into this and there seems to be no resolution yet. There's one thing we can try but we don't recommend really, we can set the camera recording resolution to 1080P for the email attachments to work constantly. However, this will defeat the purpose of having a 4MP system. We are still looking for a resolution for this case of yours and we'll keep you posted once we have a fix for this. I hope you understand.
Userlevel 2
Any news on the above?
Userlevel 2
Any news on the above? I would love to receive the images and the functionality as documented by SWANN.. Therefore your support in the following is much appreciated
I have the same issue. I have changed email accounts, it has made it marginally better. Firmware is up to date, not sure on cameras. This is my second unit, I upgraded.
Same as konmanos, would love a solution to this problem.
Thanks.
Userlevel 2
I also have tried this, can someone post a message when these files can be downloaded and actually work.

Tthanks.
Userlevel 2
All, I have yet to receive an update on this, I am quite techy and currently I am receiving numerous emails. Some with pics and some without. It has nothing to do with the cameras. The camera-1 can send an email with and without a picture. It is totally random. It is therefore not operating as the specifications suggest. I have two setups - one at home, and one in the office. They are both updated to the latest f/ware for both the NVR and Cameras and they are both experiencing, the same issue. The cameras are sending alerts with and without images. The same camera - sending sometimes with images, and sometimes without. This is not what I purchased. It is faulty and I suspect at the s/ware level, and I expect to have it resolved. It does not meet manufacturing requirements and as designed. Therefore there is a fault and unless SWANN is prepared to fix - the product is not designed as what I purchased. I expect a reply from SWANN ASAP!
I have downloaded the camera and NVR updates, installed and tested. I have gone back to my original email server as well, and all is working perfectly.
Userlevel 2
Anyone, else have completed what "Ashley Ward" has done?.. I will be applying the same as what Ashley has noted and see what difference it has made. Will report over the next few days
Userlevel 2
I intend trying it tomorrow morning and then I'll post my feedback.
Userlevel 2
Ok, I have just tried this.

Note: I have seven SWNHD-806 cameras and only one SWNHD- 818 camera on my NVR. I intend to gradually upgrade them all to 818 cameras.... eventually.

The camera firmware worked for the 818 camera, but as expected, it failed for the 806 cameras.

Has anyone got a link to a camera firmware update for my 806 cameras (if one exists).

Also, how do I update the NVR firmware, as the instructions are only for the cameras.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @konmanos, Sorry for unable to give you updates about this case since that the link I have provided to you before is the resolution for it already. You can try what @Ashley Ward did and hopefully that works to you as well.

Hello @152bobby. Sorry, but there's no available update for your NHD-806CAM. The update is only available for the NVR-7400H with NHD-818/819CAM.
Userlevel 2
Ok, that's what I thought.

Are there instructions on how to update the NVR firmware ?