Question

Change ringtone of Driveway Alert Kit

• 22 November 2017
  • 14 replies

I am having the same problem. Any help please!!!

[Mod edit: Moved as new topic due to specific model number]

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Pjrc,

Welcome to the community!

Is this the product you have? Driveway Alert Kit.
This is the product I have
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Pjrc,

To change the tone, you need to pair the unit to another channel. You can actually find the answer on page 11 of the manual which can be found here.
I have reset the unit to three and have gone through ring tones but how do I keep the ring tone that I want to use? I am confused on what to do when I find the ring tone that I want to use?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Pjrc,

As mentioned on the manual, to choose the tone you like, you need to pair the sensor on that channel. Having that said, the sensor should be paired on the 3rd channel.
I have gone around in circles on this one. It’s not a matter of pairing it. I just want something other than the sound of someone breaking into Fort Knox when someone comes up the driveway. I hear the other tones but find no way to select and save a given tone to a specific channel. Any specific instructions that don’t involve pairing it again?
the swann drive alert has only 3 ringtones the others are for a doorbell
Userlevel 4
Badge
For Driveway Alert Kit (SWADS-ALARMK) unit, the music sounds can only be paired to a doorbell device. For your sensor, it can only be paired to Channels 1, 2 and 3.
Channels 1 and 2 are alarm sounds. Channel 3 has a pleasant sound.

If you want to pair the sensor to Channel 3, at the back of the unit press and hold the Music Button until all the LED in front of the unit turn on. Then release your finger. Now, press and hold Channel 3 until it beeps once. Trigger your sensor and it will give you a different sound. You can do the same process to channels 1 and 2 if you want to try.
getting too hard been trying this for an hour I think I'll return to bunnings. Obviously there was no customer experience program prior to launching this product. Terrible outcome Swann, shouldn't be this hard to change a chime!
It should be so difficult to figure this out. I wasted the last hour on this. Distance range of sensor is maybe 15 feet. TO SHUT THE ANNOYING ALARM OFF AND HAVE A NORMAL RINGTONE:

For Driveway Alert Kit (SWADS-ALARMK) unit, the music sounds can only be paired to doorbell device. For your sensor, it can only be paired to Channels 1, 2 and 3.

If you want to pair the sensor to Channel 3, at the back of the unit press and hold the Music Button until all the LED in front of the unit turn on. Then release your finger. Now, press and hold Channel 3 until it beeps once. Trigger your sensor and it will give you a different sound. You can do the same process to channels 1 and 2 if you want to try.
I can only get the "pleasant sound" on channel 3. I cannot change the tune on 1 or 2 at all.....

If I wanted to add more sensors I would be stuck with the crap alarm sounds hardwired in. Not good programming. If it was straight forward, why so many frustrated customers!!

Put up a YouTube video to show how easy it is. SIMPLE.....
For Driveway Alert Kit (SWADS-ALARMK) unit, the music sounds can only be paired to a doorbell device. For your sensor, it can only be paired to Channels 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks for your input!! U r right, only channel 3 allows a ringtone. They failed to put that in the instructions.
Hi, the manual says you can pair up to 15 sensors per channel.

To pair 2 sensors to 1 channel, do you follow the process for 1 sensor or and then trigger the second sensor afterwards (within the 10 seconds)?